Fire causes heavy damage to house in Lakeland.      

Lakeland, Fla.-(Newsradio 970 WFLA)-Lakeland fire investigators now say a space heater is what started that house fire at 414 Tucker Street.  They say the heater was too close to combustible material.

Firefighters managed to get the three people inside the house out, but one had to be transported to Lakeland Regional Medical Center.  That victim is suffering from burns and smoke inhalation.

The home suffered so much damage from the fire and smoke that it is uninhabitable.

Photo courtesy of Lakeland Fire-Rescue