10 Takeaways From Bucs Training Camp Today
- The Durant HS football team is here visiting Camp today. We talked last week with Mark Cook from Pewter Report about one of their players, Kolton Smith, who was severely injured in a car accident weeks ago. He was here today. To read more about "Kole" and for ways you can help, CLICK HERE .
- In his first play of 11-on-11’s Jameis Winston threw a deep ball that went right through the hands of DB Josh Liddell for what would have been an INT. To Winston's credit, he really dialed in after that and was pretty damn accurate the rest of the way.
- Song of the day : "So Fresh, So Clean" by Outkast. This is that JAM! And it got me thinking.....
- Vernon Hargreaves, Bernard Reedy, Adam Humphries and Shaun Wilson back fielding punts. Wilson struggled as he called for a fair catch on one and let it drop, and then muffed the next one.
- A lot of work on kickoff and punt coverage today. Special Teams coach Nate Kaczor was front and center. Love his energy and passion.
- Before 1-on-1s Jameis walked over to Bobo Wilson for a chat. Three plays later they connect for a loooong TD down the seam. Whatever he said must’ve worked!!!
- The battles between the WRs and DBs were hot and heavy. Some great blocking, especially from young guys like Justin Watson.
- Injury Updates : Caleb Benenoch and Cole Gardner are still out. Demar Dotson is practicing but not in full 11-on-11's. Vita Vea with no walking boot on so that’s good. David Rivers, Josh Robinson and Mitch Unrein all left practice today with undisclosed injuries.
- Chandler Catanzaro was 5 for 6 on field goals today. He looked solid.
- Mike Evans route running and hands have gotten so much better since his rookie season. He is not just a tall guy who’s a red zone threat. Kudos to him for putting in that work so he's not just a great receiver, but one of the best in the league.