10 Takeaways From Bucs Training Camp Today
- Another day of being impressed by WR Justin Watson. He’s a big dude but his footwork and his cuts are just like a little guy. Sergio Bailey has been solid too and seems to have a good rapport with Winston especially.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick was terrific to start 11 on 11s , completing passes to Humphries, Godwin and then Humphries again for the TD.
- Dare Ogunbowale working on kickoff returns today with Jacquizz Rodgers, Bobo Wilson, and Bernard Reedy. Ogunbowale is the brother of Arike, who hit the game-winning bucket in the National Semifinals and Finals for Notre Dame in the NCAAs last year. What an athletic family!
- A bunch of players out today including Shaun Wilson, Devante Bond, Austin Johnson, Will Gholston, David Rivers, Josh Robinson, Mitch Unrein and STILL Leonard Wester and Brent Grimes. Demar Dotson took a big step towards recovery as he participated in more drills today. Caleb Benenoch was out there too.
- Vernon Hargreaves was all over the field today, making plays in the secondary and close to the line of scrimmage. He needs to have a big year for the Bucs to justify that 1st round pick from just a few years ago.
- OJ Howard with a nice catch in the corner of the end zone on a throw by Griffin. The more and more he plays with the 1's, the more comfortable he gets. I see big things from #80 this season.
- Gerald McCoy's leadership on full display as he walks right over and talks with JPP during a drill. Love seeing top guys hold each other accountable.
This is @Geraldini93— Jay Recher (@jayRecher) August 7, 2018
Love the leadership of G Mac as he goes up to JPP with some encouraging words after JPP worked against Evan Smith #Bucs #TrainingCamp #GoBucs #NFL #WreakHavoc pic.twitter.com/ffNtRkLs1r
- The indoor facility really is coming in clutch. The second half of practice today was inside, much to the delight of the fans, media and I’m sure the players.
- Love the versatility of Carlton Davis. He’s been battling with Mike Evans, a guy who’s much bigger than him, and then today he was shadowing D Jax, who is faster than him. He stayed in his hip pocket the majority of the time and didn’t look overmatched.
- Before heading inside and during the goal line install, Jameis walked around to Evans, Jensen and Marpet to make sure they were all on the same page. I know Jameis was supposed to kind of "lead from the back" in Camp but that's not what I've seen. I've seen a united front with Jameis, Fitz and Dirk and I think the communication between the team has been excellent so far!
**And we found out after the fact that Hulk Hogan AND Jimmy Hart were at practice today! Some wrestling fans Trey Downey and I are! HAHA!! **
Bucs QB Jameis Winston and Hulk Hogan, a guest at practice today. pic.twitter.com/Q880S6j989— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 7, 2018
Some Other Videos From Today :