10 Takeaways From Bucs Training Camp Today
- Every rep is important. Peyton Barber gets it but Ronald Jones is still learning it. RoJo throws a hand up during some individual passing drills and makes a frail attempt at catching a pass. Barber and even Mike Evans take every single rep so seriously and it has translated to their play this preseason. RoJo still has a ways to go, but I'm sure he'll figure it out being around these guys.
- Good to see Vernon Hargreaves at the head of the line, being a leader and shouting encouragement to his teammates. I’ve always loved his energy and confidence and now this is his year to really show it on the field.
- Ryan Smith with a nice pass breakup of a Winston pass intended for Bobo Wilson. He needs to have a good showing this Friday night. He came up limping after an incompletion at the end of practice but he looked to be okay.
- I like the accuracy from Fitz and Winston today. After heading inside, Fitz completed a long pass to Mike Evans for a touchdown and then Winston found Humphries for a nice gain to give the fans something to cheer about.......
- .... Then a couple of plays later, Jameis gets picked off by Lavonte David. That guy just has a nose for the football. That pick was more on David knowing what play was being run and making a play himself, rather than Jameis being careless with the ball.
- Jake Lampman with a couple of really nice catches today. He’s not going down without a fight for that 5th WR position. Justin Watson probably will get that roster spot, but with Lampman, Reedy and Bobo Wilson performing well, it won't be an easy decision.
- D Jax fielded a couple of punts today before heading to the sideline. I don't expect him to return punts every time, but when the Bucs are looking for a spark, it'll be great to see him back there ready to make something happen.
- Also, Jackson looks like he's got some extra jump this Camp. Check out this play and tell me what defender in football is going to catch him.
- Ryan Griffin tries to complete the pass to Watson but Elliott breaks it up and Tandy picks it off. If Justin Evans misses any amount of time in the regular season, the Bucs have a very capable backup in Tandy.
- Song of the Day : “Breathe” by Fabolous. Reminds me of when I was 18 and playing baseball in NYC pretty much everyday. Go ahead, look it up, crank it up and enjoy!
Great to see #21 Justin Evans up and about walking amongst his teammates. You can see his right ankle taped up but other than that, he’s moving around pretty good #Bucs #TrainingCamp #GoBucs #NFL pic.twitter.com/ta6osAvUxc— Jay Recher (@jayRecher) August 22, 2018
Fitz to Godwin = $$$$ pic.twitter.com/BjQiaoiWw7— Jay Recher (@jayRecher) August 22, 2018