It looked like the Lightning had this game in the bag.
And then the third period started.
The visiting Ottawa Senators scored four unanswered goals in the final period to stun the Tampa Bay Lightning 6-4 on Saturday night at Amalie Arena.
The Lightning had a 4-2 lead after two, but it didn't take long for the Senators to cut into the lead.
Brady Tkachuk scored 50 seconds into the period to cut Tampa Bay's lead to one, then about eight minutes later he assisted on a Colin White goal on the power play just four seconds after Mathieu Joseph was whistled for a Delay of Game penalty.
Ryan Dzingel scored 1:49 later to put Ottawa up 5-4 and the rest was history.
Just like the last time these two teams played, the Senators jumped out to a 2-0 lead.
Matt Duchene put Ottawa in front with a wraparound goal at 4:58 and then 2:23 later, Bobby Ryan found a rebound out in front and backhanded it past Andrei Vasilevskiy to put the Senators up by a pair.
Unlike the last time these two teams played, however, the Lightning didn't take long to cut into the Ottawa lead.
Just 1:28 after the Ryan goal, Joseph came flying down the right wing with a full head of steam. The Lightning's dynamic rookie threw the puck towards the net and it deflected off the skate of Senators defenseman Thomas Chabot and past goalie Craig Anderson to get the Lightning on the board.
Ottawa took the 2-1 lead into the intermission but it didn't take long for Tampa Bay to tie it in the second.
Following a hooking penalty to Christian Jaros 22 seconds into the period, Victor Hedman -- in his first game back from injury -- took the puck from Vasilevskiy and went coast-to-coast for the equalizer just 17 seconds into the man-advantage.
It was another Lightning defenseman that gave the team a 3-2 lead.
In what looked like a pretty harmless shot on net, Braydon Coburn flipped a puck in the direction of Anderson and it beat him over the blocker to put the Bolts in front.
Joseph extended the lead with his second goal of the game at 14:32 when he snapped one past Anderson to give the Lightning a 4-2 lead.
Vasilevskiy stopped 28 of 34 shots on the evening. Anderson stopped 24 of 28.
1. Ottawa - Duchene - (White) - 4:58
2. Ottawa - Ryan - (Ceci) - 7:21
3. Tampa Bay - Joseph - (Sergachev, Coburn) - 8:49
1. Tampa Bay - PPG - Hedman - (Vasilevskiy) - 0:39
2. Tampa Bay - Coburn - (Killorn, Joseph) - 9:15
3. Tampa Bay - Joseph (2) - (Killorn, Cirelli) - 14:32
1. Ottawa - Tkachuk - (Unassisted) - 0:50
2. Ottawa - PPG - White - (Tkachuk, Ryan) - 8:41
3. Ottawa - Dzingel - (Duchene) - 10:30
4. Ottawa - PPG - Stone - (Duchene, Ryan) - 19:48
1. Ottawa - Tierney - (Hooking) - 10:38
2. Tampa Bay - Martel - (Slashing) - 17:13
1. Ottawa - Jaros - (Hooking) - 0:22
2. Tampa Bay - Hedman - (Tripping) - 3:55
3. Ottawa - McCormick - (Slashing) - 11:04
1. Tampa Bay - Joseph - (Delay of Game) - 8:37
2. Tampa Bay - Hedman - (Tripping) - 19:24
What's Next For The Bolts : The Lightning are back in action on Tuesday night as they travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres. Puck drop is slated for 730pm with the pregame show starting at 7pm on NewsRadio 970WFLA.