The Tampa Bay Lightning and Washington Capitals are tied 2-2 after the Bolts got a 4-2 win over Washington on Thursday night.
The Capitals struck first in the one, as Dmitry Orlov struck first to give Washington 1-0 lead. Tampa Bay had a HUGE answer waiting, as Brayden Point scored just over a minute later, and Steven Stamkos added a power play goal to make it 2-1 in the first. After Washington scored to tie the game 2-2 in the second, the drama was high heading into the third.
In the third, the Lightning would finally break through as Alex Killorn scored at the 11:57 to take control. Anthony Cirelli added an empty netter as the Lightning would hang on to a huge win to even the series. Andei Vasilesvky stole the day, going 36-for-38, while Braden Holtby went 16-for-19 in net for the Caps.
The series shifts back to Tampa on Saturday - faceoff is scheduled for 7:15, with pregame beginning at 6:15 PM on News Radio 970 WFLA and available through the iHeartRadio app.
1. WAS - Orlov - (Oshie, Niskanen) - 4:28
2. TBL - Point - (Gourde, Johnson) - 5:38
3. TBL - PPG - Stamkos - (Point, Miller) - 8:32
1. WAS - Kuznetsov - (Ovechkin, Wilson) - 5:18
1. TBL - Killorn - (Palat, Sergachev) - 11:57
2. TBL - Cirelli - (None) - 19:58
1. WAS - Eller (Holding) - 7:27
2. TBL - Gourde (Interference) - 11:20
3. TBL - Hedman (Slashing) - 14:31
4. TBL - Kucherov (Hooking) - 17:56
1. TBL - Hedman (Tripping) - 7:08
1. WAS - Eller (Hooking) - 9:51